WOMEN'S CONFERENCE 2019
February 22 - 23, 2019
"...For the joy of the Lord is your strength." - Nehemiah 8:10
Every year, women from across Texas come together at Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center to experience life change and celebrate in community with other sisters in Christ. They leave refreshed and ready to take the next step towards the heart of God.
This special gathering is designated to help women of all ages and walks of life be encouraged in their relationship with Christ; get connected with other women who desire to be used by God; and, to become better equipped to make a difference in their family, workplace, church, community and world.
Your heart will be encouraged through thought provoking Bible study, authentic worship, uplifting praise, relevant topical seminars, hands-on ministry, laughter and lots of sweet fellowship. There is something for everyone!
This year's theme is Choosing Joy. The goal of this conference is to point you closer to the source of all joy – our loving God. We all desire to live a life marked by joy. Joy is a daily choice. A choice we make minute by minute. Why choose joy? By choosing joy, we point to God’s power in our lives. By choosing joy, we choose to glorify God. By choosing joy, we shine a light in this dark world. By choosing joy, we proclaim the overwhelming victory we have in Christ. We hope you will join us for this powerful weekend!
Registration Opens October 1, 2018
LeAnn Hart has a passion for empowering women to embrace the fullness of God’s grace and peace. LeAnn’s life is rich with experiences as the wife of a professional bull rider, an adoptive mom, singer/songwriter, and Christian speaker. LeAnn loves to share about her life’s journey, carrying the message that whether you are going through mountaintops or valleys, God’s grace brings hope and healing.
Worship Praise Leader
Teresa Harmening has the unique ability to use words and music to inspire others to seek God with a fresh passion. She uses her songwriting abilities to put scripture verses to music and also to write inspirational songs to encourage others. For over 30 years, Teresa has faithfully served her home church in the music ministry as pianist and worship leader. As a speaker and vibrant communicator of God’s Word, Teresa’s passion is to see people awakened with a fresh hunger to know God and come into a deep and authentic relationship with God that will impact their lives for God’s kingdom.
Bible Study Speaker
Dr. Carol Holcomb
Carol Crawford Holcomb serves as Professor of Christian Studies at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor in Belton, Texas. She grew up in north central Louisiana and earned a BA in history from Louisiana Tech University. She received her MDiv from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1992 and a Ph.D. from Baylor University in 1999. Carol teaches freshmen surveys of the Old Testament, Baptist History, and a number of church history courses at UMHB. Her primary area of research is Baptist Studies— specifically Baptist women in the South during the Progressive Era.
Friday Evening Special Guest
LaDonna Gatlin has been WOWING audiences since she was five years old. Born into "showbiz," LaDonna grew up onstage performing with her brothers, the legendary Gatlin Brothers. But in the mid 1970's, this gutsy Texas native chose to follow her heart and “sing a different song” apart from her famous family. LaDonna has shared that "song" everywhere...from corporate powerhouses...to the prison cells of death row. Her presentations resonate with audiences all over the country because, simply put, she makes people laugh, lightens their load, and leaves them with a song in their hearts. AND...they always learn something in the process.
Registation Opens Monday, October 1, 2018
We’ve packaged this weekend retreat in a way to meet the scheduling needs of every woman. If you can attend only 1 day, prefer to sleep in your own bed at night or need a total escape weekend – there is a registration option and pricing package for you! Event Registration is secured with payment. All reservations must be paid in full by Monday, February 11, 2019.
Option 1: $60, One Day
- Cost includes one full day of worship, Bible Study, topical seminars and event activities + two meals (No Lodging)
Option 2: $85, Two Days
- Cost includes two full days of worship, Bible Study, topical seminars and event activities + 4 meals (No Lodging)
Option 3: $110, Bunkhouse Lodging, Two Days
Experience it All!
Cost includes 4 meals, 2 full days of worship, Bible Study and Topical Seminars plus Friday night lodging in a bunkhouse. Bring your own linens.
Option 4: $125* / $135*, Motel Lodging, Two Days
Same as Option 3, substitute Friday night lodging for a Motel Room. Rooms are limited. A $75 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a motel room.
*Per person rate. $125 for triple occupancy, $135 for double occupancy.
- $10-12.50 - Pre-order an event T-shirt. Payment and size needed by February 4, 2019.
Registration is transferable but non-refundable. If you have purchased a registration and cannot attend, please consider this an opportunity to give your registration to someone who may not otherwise have been able to attend.
- This event is open for any woman who loves the Lord, is seeking the Lord, or desires a deeper understanding of the Lord.
- We love babies. However, this weekend is designed to provide rest and renewal for all women—therefore, infants and children are not invited.
- There are a limited number of motel rooms. In order to reserve a motel room, you must have at least 1-2 roommates (based upon available accommodations).
- Rate packages are not discounted if you arrive late, leave early or do not eat a meal included.
- HLCCC is a drug, alcohol, tobacco free facility. No pets are allowed.
For more information, please contact HLC Program Office staff at 888-222-3482 or 512-264-1777, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, February 22
- 10:00 am - Registration Opens
- 11:15 am - Lunch
- 12:30 pm - General Session
- 1:30 pm - Topical Seminar
- 2:45pm - Bible Study
- 3:45 pm - Topical Seminar
- 5:00 pm - Dinner
- 6:45 pm - Worship
- 8:00 pm - Fellowship & Refreshments
Saturday, February 23
- 7:00 am - Greeting the Day
- 7:30-8:45 am - Breakfast
- 9:00 am - Worship
- 10:15 am - Topical Seminar
- 11:30 am - Lunch
- 1:30 pm - Bible Study
- 2:30 pm - Topical Seminar
- 3:30 pm - Worship
- An event highlight is the Topical Seminars. The seminar speakers will cover a wide range of topics relevant to the needs of today’s women. Each speaker will share Biblical truth and personal inspiration to motivate women to live a life of faith and to actively abide in God’s love and grace.
- *Topical Seminar speakers to be announced*